Thursday, December 3, 2009

Replace Conversion Van Vcr With Dvd



Reading "Memory part 2: CPU caches" (
http://lwn.net/Articles/252125/
). Generally, this is only part of the book "what every programmer should know about memory" (people.redhat.com / drepper / cpumemory.pdf), which I actually read:)

revelation was the conflict L1 caches and bandwidth memory controller and system bus for multi-threaded applications. I did not think that 2 tera, just read some data information, so can get the memory. And on communications RFO (Request For Ownership) to change the data - is generally no words ...

most interesting is how this book is contrary to the approach of a large number of threads as described in "Why Events are a Bad Idea (for high-concurrency servers)" (
http://capriccio.cs.berkeley.edu/publications.html
).

Latest their servers, I build it on a large number of threads (more than one hundred). Perhaps this is due (to some extent) the problems that ogreb performance on the back-end servrere with high intensity work with mmap () 'lennymi files.

0 comments:

Post a Comment